Hello there Darlinks, Kitty here. I trust you are all doing well. Today It’s all about Meeeeeeee…. Well not really but it is about my species the domesticated cat. Here are some fun facts about Meeeeee and the rest of my domesticated feline pals
Me and my friends
- 60% of cats are ambidextrous 40% are not
- Cats are the Goldilocks of the animal world. They don’t like there food to hot or cold they prefer it at room temperature
- Cats See in Color and can see well in very low light
- Did you know? A group of kittens is called a kindle while a group of grown cats are a Clowder.
- Cat only Meow at Humans not other animals.
- Rambunctious Cat? Try speaking in a soothing tone to calm them down. Cats recognize and can distinguish our moods through our voice tones.
- It was Sir Issac Newton who invented the cat door.
- Cats always land on there feet here is why, First they rotate their head, then twist their spine around, followed by a rear leg alignment and finally they relax into it and arch the back, thus lessening impact.
In a seven year period a pair of cats and there first offspring can end up producing 420,000 offspring?
Like finger prints a cats nose pad is ridged and unique to each cat
After infancy cat’s loose there ability to tolerate milk and it can actually give them stomach aches
Cats are are capable of 100 different distinctive sounds.
A Sheltering Place
Darlink’s I want to let you know that the new Palm Springs Animal Shelter will be opening very soon, It is also very exciting. The shelter will be open to the public on October 13 and there will be a grand opening on October 22 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. The shelter is also looking for Volunteer dog walkers and you can get information on volunteer opportunities as well as other related information Palm Springs Animal Shelter.
Hanging w/Kitty@thedogpound is the sole property of R.E. Bertlow and may not be reproduced in part or whole without written permission
(© All rights reserved 2011 Hang’n@thedogpoundw/Kitty http://thedogpoun.info )